- The Boss Babes Series is dedicated to amazing women doing amazing things
Before any trip, I prepare. I like to make my life as easy as possible while I am on a trip so that I can spend less time on little things and more time experiencing my trip!
So before I went to Cartagena, Colombia earlier this year, I decided to explore this eyelash extension trend that has everyone on a fury.
I knew I was going to be at the beach most of the time and I did not want to have “raccoon eyes” during my trip so I contacted a long time friend and #BossBabe, Lina from Lina Gomez Beauty.
I’ve known Lina for a few years and have seen her grow her craft so I trusted her.
Lina sees herself as a person who dreams big and fights for what she wants. She says she dreams of beautifying every woman she knows while inspiring them to be successful.
Lina learned about the beauty world from an early age.
“I grew up watching my mother make homemade masks and got obsessed with self-care and beauty,” she says.
That obsession became stronger after she became a mom.
Lina wanted to feel good physically and be successful in life. She teaches her daughter that it is okay to dream big because with effort and dedication anything is possible.
This led her to immerse herself in the skincare world and one day she started learning the art of eyelash extensions and fell in with love it.
Eyelash extensions are definitely an art.
I learned that there are different types of extensions, lengths, and volumes. My goal was just to not worry about makeup during my trip so we went with a natural look.
Lina wants to help women look and feel beautiful so she specializes in various aspects of the beauty industry like lash extensions and lifts, brow and lash tint, custom facials, body waxing, and microblading.
She knows that the most important beauty is the inner beauty but “if we feel beautiful on the outside we feel empowered and confident about ourselves on the inside.”
My eyelashes survived my one-week trip to Cartagena, even though I spent a lot of time around water and sand.
Here are some very important things remember about getting eyelash extensions.
- Find a trusted and certified esthetician.
- Ask for a test before getting a full set done to see if you are sensitive to the glue.
- Explore your options about style, length, and volume.
- A full set takes approximately 2 hours to do. You do have to lay still with your eyes closed for the whole time.
- DO NOT WET THEM. Wait at least 24 hours. The glue can get in your eyes and cause irritation.
- Don’t use mascara, you really won’t need it. The extensions will give you that look that mascara gives you without the smearing problems.
- Use oil-free cleaners and makeup removers because oils will damage and remove the extensions.
- Use a clean mascara wand to brush through the lashes twice a day.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes to keep them looking beautiful for a longer time.